Questions Community
ESP32-2432S028 display configuration
I own a ESP32-2432S028 display (the one whit both usb C and mini). Had to override the configuration whit this:
`display:
- id: !extend my_display platform: ili9xxx model: ILI9341 spi_id: lcd cs_pin: 15 dc_pin: 2 color_order: rgb transform: swap_xy: true mirror_y: true mirror_x: true dimensions: 240x320 color_palette: 8BIT invert_colors: False show_test_card: FALSE auto_clear_enabled: false update_interval: never`
Whitout this override, the screen shows some garbage black and white "noise" on one side of the screen, whit completely black background. This was taken from an older attempt to configure this screen myself, whit lots of trial and errors.
Discussion 6
Add a commenti used this code for the same screen (usb-c) to fix the same issue:
Original on GitHub
· Edited
Hello, I'm still having problems with this type of display. Landscape-mode with 2x3 button-grid works perfectly, but I can't get it to work in portrait-mode 1x4 buttons. To get this display running I need to add
substitutions: LVGL_ROTATION: "0" display:
to the additional YAML-file - otherwise I only get noise and a black bar displayed. However, with this modification it's not possible to change the LVGL_ROTATION or rotation to 90°
Original on GitHub
@ComputerZOO whit my settings I'm able to rotate it 180° from the display settings, at runtime. From what I understand, only landscape is supported for now.
Original on GitHub
Portrait is actually supported, since screens-v0.2.107 (2026-09-22): a CYD can be built standing up with a 1x4 grid, no manual
dimensions/rotationoverrides needed.@ComputerZOO the YAML you added is working around an older, unrelated issue and is exactly what breaks 90° rotation, since it forces a fixed landscape canvas. If you're on a current build (0.2.107 or later), remove that block entirely and instead pick the orientation when you create the screen in ESP Screens: the "New screen" dialog has a portrait/landscape choice, which sets a single
LVGL_ROTATIONsubstitution and nothing else. The add-on then knows to lay out the 1x4 grid for that orientation automatically.If you're still seeing noise or a black bar in portrait without any manual dimension overrides, that would be a real bug, please open a fresh issue with your board revision and the add-on/firmware version so we can look at it separately from this older thread.
Got a screen running? Tell others which board you have and what works on the Tessera website. It helps everyone pick a screen that works.
Like my work? Consider buying me a coffee, much appreciated!
Original on GitHub
Now with the new integration of the ILI9342 https://github.com/MaxGramser/homeassistant_espscreen/issues/50#issuecomment-5853447158 my CYD is working fine.
Original on GitHub
Thanks @EmanueleBenedettini! This is better suited to a discussion than an issue, so I moved it here: https://github.com/MaxGramser/homeassistant_espscreen/discussions/102
Please continue the conversation there. I'm closing this issue to keep the tracker for bugs and concrete board requests.
Got a screen running? Tell others which board you have and what works on the Tessera website. It helps everyone pick a screen that works.
Like my work? Consider buying me a coffee, much appreciated!
Original on GitHub